CRUNCHY HONEY GRANOLA
A never fail granola that keeps its crunch.
- 1/3 cup of your favorite Savannah Bee Company honey
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup raisins (or substitute any dried fruit)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 dark brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 ° F: Spray a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
2. Heat Wet Ingredients: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray. Set aside. In a saucepan over medium hear, stir together honey, orange zest, oil, vanilla and salt. Hear until foaming and then heat for 15 more seconds.
3. Mix Dry Ingredients: While honey mixture is heating, mix together dry ingredients. In a large bowl, stir together oats, almonds, raisins, seeds, coconut and brown sugar.
4. Finish Mixing: Pour warm honey mixture over dry ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly.
5. Bake Granola: Scoop mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and press down with a spatula. Bake until golden brown (about 18 minutes). Rotate pan once during baking, but do not stir. Allow to cool COMPLETELY before breaking into large crunchy chunks.
To Serve: This is great served with yogurt and berries, but how about using it as a substitute "cobbler topper" for a quick summer berry dessert.